April 17, 2015 04:43 PM
Spring has sprung and so has the pollen! Unfortunately, Spring’s beautiful weather brings with it a cloud of yellow powder. Many of our patients suffer from allergies and pollen contributes greatly to their sneezing, sniffling, and congestion. There are a few natural ways you can help alleviate your allergy symptoms.
- A spoonful of honey can soothe your itchy throat and coughing. Honey will coat the throat and help calm down the itchy sensation.
- Stay hydrated! Gargle with salt water, use a humidifier, and drink plenty of fluids such as tea and water. This will help keep your throat from being sore and help keep your congestion to a minimum.
- Get adjusted! Getting chiropractic adjustments can help boost your immune system and keep your nervous system functioning properly. This helps keep your allergies at bay.
Call your local chiropractor today to find out more about what you can do to keep your allergies under control this Spring. Visit here for more information on natural ways to relieve your allergies: http://toyourhealth.com/
mpacms/tyh/article.php?id=2104 .Posted by: Dr. Russ Redd
April 08, 2015 10:05 PM
Dr. Richard Armstrong was involved in a study to compare the cost effectiveness of Chiropractic vs. medical care for neck pain, back pain, and headaches. The results concluded that it is more cost effective for patients with these symptoms to receive chiropractic care. The study is due to be released later this year. Dr. Armstrong, along with other Doctors of Chiropractic involved in the study, received the McAndrew's Award for research. Keep your eyes out for the study! We'll post it as soon as it is published. Meanwhile, you can read a little more about the study here. Congratulations, Dr. Armstrong!Posted by: Chiropractic Partners
April 05, 2015 07:50 PM
There are many reasons your energy level can decrease. With the beautiful weather rolling in, it’s time to get out and enjoy it. Figure out what is causing your drop in energy level. Here are the top three causes of low energy levels and tips to get your energy level up!.
1. Get Moving! Movement will get your energy level up! Get those endorphins going and get active! Whether it’s a walk through the neighborhood, a regular exercise routine, or a trip to the park with the kids, don’t just sit on the couch!
2. Eat Right! Making healthier choices in what you eat can make a huge difference in your energy level. By choosing healthy foods over sugary, fatty foods, you ensure that your body gets the nutrients it needs and you will have more energy.
3. De-Stress! Stress can cause a major decrease in your energy level. Whether it’s from work, home life, money, or something else, stress can cause stress on you mentally and physically. Take time to meditate, find a hobby that takes your mind off of your stressor, or do yoga to de-stress.
Next time you see your chiropractor, ask what you can do to increase your energy level. Call one of our convenient Raleigh area locations today for an appointment!Posted by: Dr. Matt Schmid
March 27, 2015 01:11 PM
We have great news for chiropractic patients and skeptics alike! There has been a study done recently at Harvard Medical School that discusses and supports the benefits of chiropractic care for relief of back pain. This study also discusses the benefits of chiropractic for other conditions such as neck pain, joint pain, arthritis, and more.
You can read a review of the study here: http://www.health.harvard.edu/
pain/chiropractic-care-for- pain-relief. Schedule a free consultation to discuss what chiropractic can do for you with a doctor at one of our convenient locations today!Posted by: Dr. Ira Rubin
March 20, 2015 09:52 PM
Warm weather is here! After the snow and ice we have seen over the past few weeks, it’s refreshing to have sunshine and warm weather in the forecast. Now is the time to get back outside and get to exercising again! Here are a few things you can do that will help with strengthening your back.
- Planking- You may be thinking, “Yuck!” But planking is a great way to strengthen your core as well as your back muscles. You can do it inside or you can go outside to do it and enjoy the sunshine!
- Yoga- Yoga isn’t just a good stretch. It is also a great way to strengthen your core muscles. Whether you go to a class or do some basic poses on your own, start with the basics. Look at this website to see what local studio might have the right type of class for you.
- Walking- Get back to the basics! Enjoy the fresh Spring air and go for a long walk. Make sure you have good, supportive shoes on. Take the whole family with you or plug in your favorite tunes and enjoy some “me” time.
Talk to your chiropractor about ways to get out and get active this Spring. Call one of our convenient locations today to schedule an appointment!Posted by: Dr. Michael Krasnov