Massage Therapy in Raleigh, NC
Massage therapy has become an increasingly popular form of treatment for those who suffer from a wide variety of aches, pains, and general ailments.
Reasons to Seek a Massage Therapy in Raleigh
A promotional handout from the American Massage Therapy Association lists 25 reasons to see a massage therapist. Some of these reasons can be lumped together into more general categories, including
- Common Aches and Pains - including headaches, back and neck pain, and general soreness
- Chronic Pain and Illness - Massage can help many with chronic pain conditions, such as fibromyalgia, migraines, cancer, and arthritis. It may also lower blood pressure, and help with post-operative pain.
- Stress and Mental Health - Massage can relieve general stress, promote relaxation, and go even further to reduce the symptoms of mental health issues including anxiety and depression. It also improves sleep quality
- Mobility - Massage promotes better flexibility and circulation, which can result in better mobility, range of motion, reduced muscle tension, and improve exercise performance
- Age Related Issues - Massage has been shown to improve balance in older adults, help with some dementia issues, and help with osteoarthritis issues that are common in older populations.
How a Massage Therapist Can Help You
The benefit you receive from massage therapy in Raleigh depends largely on what ails you, the type of massage your massage therapist chooses to use, and your commitment to getting to the root of your problem and find the best type of treatment that will meet your needs. By seeing a massage therapist at a place where you are able to get chiropractic care you'll be able to expand your treatment options if the need arises. At Chiropractic Partners in Raleigh, Clayton, Fuquay Varina, Durham, and Garner NC, we offer free initial assessments that can help identify a course of treatment that will benefit you most.
Benefits of Common Massage Therapy Techniques
There are near 80 different types of massage therapy currently being practiced, but many people who seek a massage reap the benefits of one of the top three methods.
- Swedish Massage - characterized by the mix of long kneading strokes and light tapping strokes on the top layers of muscles. This releases tension helps with joint movement and can increase blood flow and break up scar tissue.
- Deep Tissue Massage - helps with painful trouble spots in the body, relieves chronic tension and muscle injuries
- Sports Massage - promotes flexibility, helps prevent injuries, and aids healing after sports injuries.
Call Chiropractic Partners Today!
At Chiropractic Partners we offer these types of massage therapy in Raleigh as well as a full range of chiropractic services in 10 convenient locations throughout North Carolina, including three Raleigh locations,
Contact us to find out more about our massage therapy and chiropractic care options or to request a no-charge consultation.
We offer massage therapy in the following locations: